Kazakhstan: OECD Steel Committee joined

The OECD Council approved Kazakhstan’s application to join the Organization’s Steel Committee, the press service of the country’s Ministry of Investment and Development reports. “Following the presentation of the preliminary review of Kazakhstan’s steel industry policy, which took place on September 28-29, 2017, the secretariat of the Steel Committee decided to recommend the OECD Council…

Russia: VSMPO-Avisma sales up in 2017

Last year VSMPO-Avisma increased titanium sales by 14% YoY. The company revenue dropped by 4.9%, to 72.435 billion rubles, with net profits down by 28%, to 19.138 billion rubles. The main factor of the decrease was the strengthening of the ruble, resulting in the drop in export revenue in rubles by 9%. EBITDA decreased by…

Russia: OMK named best pipe manufacturer for oil and gas industry

The United Metal Company has been named the best manufacturer of pipe products for the oil and gas industry in 2017.

The company was awarded this title in 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2016 as well.

The results of the rating are based on the survey of major Russian industry players. (Ukrainian metal)

Ukraine: natural gas consumption by metal companies down in February 2018

In February Ukrainian metal companies consumed 160 million cubic meters of natural gas, down by 20 million cubic meters MoM. Average daily consumption dropped by 0.1 million cubic meters, to 5.7 million cubic meters. In January-February Ukrainian metal companies consumed 340 million cubic meters of natural gas, down by 12% YoY. Average daily consumption totaled…

Ukraine: growing rolled metal imports threatening local market

In January-February Ukraine produced 2977 thousand tons of rolled metal, of which local customers received only 334 thousand tons, or 11.3% of the total volume. “In January-February 2017 of 3188 thousand tons produced 2536 thousand tons (79.5%) were exported, while the rest (652 thousand tons, or 20.5%) were sold domestically”, reported Ukrmetallurgprom. This year Ukraine…

Ukraine: Ferrexpo output down in January-February 2018

In January-February Ferrexpo produced 1.675 million tons of iron ore pellets, down by 3.8% YoY.

Concentrate output dropped by 6.4%, to 2.019 million tons.

In February Ferrexpo produced 771 thousand tons of pellets and 926 thousand tons of concentrate.

Last year Ferrexpo decreased pellets production by 6.8% YoY, to 10.444 million tons. (Ukrainian metal)

Russia: ChTPZ ships LDP to Uzbekistan

ChTPZ has supplied some 6 thousand tons of large diameter pipes to Uzbekistan. The customer was Enter Engineering, one of the leaders of the Central Asia oil and gas construction market. The pipes with the diameter of 1020 mm and the wall thickness of 10 mm and outer three-layer corrosion-resistant coating were made of K52…

Russia: NLMK to increase Lipetsk site capacities

NLMK intends to increase its galvanized and polymer-coated rolled metal capacities at the Lipetsk site by constructing the continuous hot dip galvanizing line No. 5 and polymer-coating machine No. 4. The former will produce 450 thousand tons of rolled metal with the thickness of 0.3-2.5 mm and the width of 700-1550 mm per year, while…

Ukraine: Ferrexpo to squeeze out PGOK shares

Ferrexpo plc is considering a squeeze-out at Poltava Mining and Processing Works, the largest manufacturer of iron ore pellets in Ukraine.

At present this move is being analyzed.

Ferrexpo plc owns 100% of Ferrexpo AG, which in its turn is the owner of 99.11% of PGOK and 100% of Yeristovo GOK. (Ukrainian metal)