In the first half of 2019 MMK Group allocated 1.04 billion rubles to social support programs and charitable causes. Among the priority areas of social support were assistance to pensioners and children, as well as the improvement of health conditions for the employees of the company.
The full range of social and charitable programs implemented by the Magnitogorsk Iron and Steel Works (MMK) addresses all categories of the population. In the first half of the year, expenses were distributed as follows:
– Support for pensioners and people with disabilities – 165 million rubles. Assistance is provided through the Metallurg Fund as part of a charity program entitled Care.
– Support for children and youth, including assistance to educational and social institutions for children and other areas of charity – 156.6 million rubles.
– Medical assistance for employees and implementation of medical programs – more than 220 million rubles.
– Wellness retreats to sanatoriums for workers and members of their families – 168.5 million rubles.
– Children’s country retreats – 23.4 million rubles. This summer, MMK opened a new modern football field at its Mountain Gorge children’s camp, with artificial turf and running tracks – the cost amounted to 4.66 million rubles.
– Development of sports, maintenance of sports facilities and promotion of healthy lifestyle practices – 66.5 million rubles.
– Maintenance of culture centers and organization of cultural events – 45.6 million rubles.
– Organization of hot meals for MMK employees – 27.6 million rubles. As part of the Healthy Food program, MMK opened a canteen with a shop of ready-to-eat foods in the sheet rolling shop No. 4, and repaired a canteen in the electric steel shop. The main building of the plant opened a cafe called MMCoffee.
– Protection of motherhood and childhood, support for large families and promotion of fertility – 44 million rubles. In particular, the company helped 28 large families of MMK employees to buy cars – 14.5 million rubles were allocated for these purposes.
In total, taking into account the costs of housing, youth, educational programs and other voluntary social initiatives of MMK Group, the total cost of social programs and charity amounted to 1.04 billion rubles in the first half of the year. Of this amount, 753.5 million rubles went to the parent company while the remainder was allocated to other companies of the group. (MMK/Ukrainian metal)