Russia’s Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company (UMMC) has acknowledged industrial development of two nickel fields near the city of Voronezh – the Yelanskoye and Yelkinskoye fields – with reserves of about 1 million tons reasonable, UMMC said in a statement late on October 11. “The combined reserves of nickel at the two fields amount to…
In 2016 Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company received $5.3 billion of consolidated revenue, up by 17% YoY.
The group EBITDA reached $1.2 billion.
Non-ferrous metals accounted for 51% of the revenue, coal – 20%, precious metals – 9%. Exports share was 48%. (Ukrainian metal)
In 2017 Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company plans to produce 280 thousand tons of zinc, up by 8-10% YOY.
Cathode copper output is expected to reach 360 thousand tons. (Ukrainian metal)
Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company has increased its share in Chelyabinsk Zinc Works to 97.714%.
Last year ChTsZ produced 174.803 thousand tons of zinc and alloys as opposed to 171.002 thousand tons in 2015. (Ukrainian metal)
The Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company intends to increase copper output to 380 thousand tons per year in 3-5 years. According to the UMMC CEO Andrey Kositsyn, in 2016 the company output dropped by 5% YoY, to 350 thousand tons, or some 40% of all the copper production in Russia. The reason is the decrease…
Russian state-owned oil major Rosneft and Ural Mining and Metallurgical Company (UMMC) have created joint venture Eastern Mining Company that will become an anchor supplier of rolled steel to the Zvezda shipyard, Rosneft said in a statement. Rosneft will own 25% in the joint venture, while UMMC will own the remaining 75%. The venture is…