In November Ukrainian metal companies will produce 1.9 million tons of steel, 1.9 million tons of pig iron and 1.7 million tons of rolled metal, according to Ukrmetallurgprom forecasts.
For October the company predicted steel output on the level of 2 million tons, pig iron – 2 million tons and rolled metal – 1.7 million tons.
In September Ukraine produced 1837 thousand tons of pig iron (61.2 thousand tons daily on average, down by 3% MoM), 1860 thousand tons of steel (62 thousand tons, up by 1% MoM) and 1742 thousand tons of rolled metal (58.1 thousand tons, up by 4% MoM).
As of October 11, 23 out of 28 blast furnaces (82%) were in operation, 17 out of 21 converters (81%), 7 out of 9 open-hearth furnaces (78%) and 6 out of 16 electric-furnaces (38%).
In January-September Ukraine produced 17799 thousand tons of pig iron, 18239 thousand tons of steel and 16125 thousand tons of rolled metal, all up by 11%, 7% and 8% YoY respectively.
Ukrainian iron ore raw materials deliveries reached 2.1 million tons in September, down by 80 thousand tons MoM, with 21.1 million tons in January-September, up by 9% YoY, or by 1.8 million tons. Iron ore raw imports (from Russia) dropped by 25 thousand tons MoM to 20 thousand tons, with 1.3 million tons in 9 months, up by 6% YoY, or by 80 thousand tons. Iron ore raw materials exports totaled 2.9 million tons in September and 28.9 million tons since the year start, down by 15% YoY.
By-product coke plants received 460 thousand tons of Ukrainian coal, down by 100 thousand tons MoM, or 4.7 million tons in January-September, up by 4% YoY, or by 160 thousand tons. Imports reached 1 million tons in September, up by 170 thousand tons MoM, and 8.8 million tons for 9 months, up by 22% YoY, or by 1.6 million tons.
All in all in September Ukrainian coke plants received 1.5 million tons of coking coal, up by 70 thousand tons MoM, with 13.4 million tons in January-September, up by 15% YoY, or by 1.7 million tons. Imported coals totaled 66% in the whole volume (62% in January-September 2015). Coal stocks increased by 60 thousand tons to 450 thousand tons.
Metal companies received 875 thousand tons of Ukrainian coke in September, down by 30 thousand tons MoM, with 8.2 million tons in 9 months, up by 17% YoY, or by 1.2 million tons. September imports reached 120 thousand tons, up by 20 thousand tons MoM, with 860 thousand tons imported in January-September, down by 19% YoY, or by 200 thousand tons. Taking into account imports, Ukrainian metal companies received 9 million tons of coke, up by 12% YoY, or by 980 thousand tons.
In September metal makers consumed 126 million cubic meters of natural gas, on the August level. Average daily consumption totaled 4.2 million cubic meters of gas. In January-September metal manufacturers consumed 1.3 billion cubic meters of gas, down by 19% YoY. Average daily consumption totaled 4.6 million cubic meters against 5.7 million in January-September 2015.
Electricity consumption increased by 3% YoY, to 9.5 billion kWt-h.
In September metal companies received 290 thousand tons of scrap, up by 50 thousand tons MoM, or 86% of the need. In 9 months scrap deliveries reached 2280 thousand tons, down by 6% YoY, or 83% of the need. Scrap stocks went up by 10 thousand tons, to 140 thousand tons.
Scrap hasn’t been exported since July. In January-June Ukraine exported 233 thousand tons of scrap as opposed to 1 million in 2015. At the same time Ukraine imported 16 thousand tons of scrap against 4 thousand tons in January-September 2015. (Ukrainian metal)
Your advertisement under each post on this site. DETAILS